Not the garden variety but the intestinal parasite, round and tapeworm, are a subject which causes more than just a frisson of embarrassment in today’s hygienic society yet suffering from worms was, only a brief time ago, a very common ailment. Therefore many of the old-fashioned remedies do still work very well.
Home Remedies for Intestinal Worms
All the following must be taken first thing in the morning.
* Lemons Crush lemon pips in honey and take by the teaspoon or make a strong brew of pure lemon juice and crushed thyme.
* Thyme Dice 1 tablespoon of the fresh stem into tiny pieces and simmer for 10 minutes in 150 ml (1/4 pint) of fresh barley water.
* Watermelon seeds Simmer a good handful of seeds in water until a thick concoction is obtained.
* Pumpkin seeds Crushed with milk and honey and taken before breakfast for three consecutive days was the accepted remedy for tapeworm. The Nice Breakfast food eaten every day will undoubtedly ensure that this problem does not arise. One of the good home remedies for intestinal worms.
* Cabbage juice Take 4 tablespoons of freshly extracted cabbage juice every morning for three days.
* Liquorice A dose of liquorice after a dose of salts then fasting for four hours might
Intestinal Worms Causative factors
Intestinal helminthes (worms) are of different types. In children they are most common, because infestation can easily occure when they have habit of putting toys, pencils, and other articles in their mouths thereby ingesting clay, which causes worm infestation in children.
Intestinal Worms Symptoms
In children, worm infestation can produce any symptom from acute fever to skin rashes. Common symptoms are nausea, vomiting indigestion, diarrhea, dysentery, and pain in abdomen, cough, asthma, and itching as well as discoloration of the skin.
Intestinal Worms Treatment
Initially herbs like garlic, ginger, piper nigrum should be given to increase the digestive power and to digest ama.
Specific herbs against the worm infestation are embelia ribes and moringa pterigosperma. The seeds of these plants should be given 1 to 3 gms, a day for 15 days. Most antiparasistical herbs have a pungent or bitter taste.
Herbal wine of vidang – vidangarishta- 15 ml. 3 times day, or its powder 250 mgm, twice day, or its decoction 30 ml. twice day should be given at least for the period of one month to eradicate the tendency f recurrence.
Tab. Krimighatani (BR) 50 mgm, should be given twice a day for 1 month.
To avoid recurrence mallotus phillippinesis, kitmari Yavani, kristolochia bacteata, hyoscyamus nigrum, apium Graveolens seeds, and butea-frundosa are also very effective. Anyone f these can be given 1 gm. A day for 1 month.
There are many western herbs having this specific action like cayenne, black pepper, golden seal, pennyroyal, prickly ah, pumpkinseeds, wormseed, wormwood, and thyme.